Do you like hot dogs? Here is another delicious super simple summer meal with a slight twist.
It’s starting to heat up outside which makes it prime grilling season. These Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs with Crispy Onions and Jalapenos are incredibly sinful. Definitely this summer’s best meal.
Hotdogs and burgers are the typical summer food classic. My son says these are the best hot dogs he has ever had! And as we all know kids always speak the truth when it comes to food, so I will take that as a win!
So if your looking to take your hot dog experience to the next level this is definitely a must try. Perfect for the 4th of July or even Father’s Day. You also should check out my Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad which goes perfectly with these hot dogs.
- I pkg beef hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 1½ cup shredded cheese any kind
- 3 jalapenos sliced
- 8 soft buns
- 8 toothpicks cut in half
- crispy onions
- 1 onion
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Slice the onion in half then slice thinly and add to the buttermilk, let it set for 15-20 minutes
- In a small bowl whisk flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper
- In a skillet or large pan, heat oil to medium/high heat
- Remove onions from buttermilk, and toss in the flour mixture, shake excess off and place into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, remove and place them on a paper towel
- Slice hot dogs down the center but don't go all the way through. Stuff the cheese in the pocket.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each hot dog, secure each end with a piece of toothpick.
- Heat grill to med heat, grill hot dogs until bacon is cooked about 10- 12 minutes. Turning often so they don't burn.
- Remove toothpicks and serve with soft buns topped with crispy onions and jalapenos
- **you can also use crispy fried onions found in the crouton section of the grocery store