Summer makes me think of warm weather and BBQ’s with fantastic food! Grilling it on a cedar plank is simple and adds so much flavor to the fish. I know it can be intimidating but it really is easy. My family is obsessed with this salmon recipe. My son could eat it everyday if I’d let him. The salmon becomes slightly smokey with the cedar plank. I usually serve this with a side of rice and a veggie, but they also make amazing tacos. Yumm
***NOTE Cedar planks can be purchased at your local grocery store or Walmart or Target. It is very important to soak your cedar plank prior to cooking your salmon. Soaking it will cause the plank to smolder and create smoke. The plank prevents the salmon from sticking to the grill and is easy to clean up. They can also be reused, until they become overly charred and can no longer get clean.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1-2 lb salmon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak cedar plank in water for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients, whisk until sugar is dissolved. Pour marinade over fish until well coated. Marinade in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill on medium heat, Place salmon skin side down on cedar plank. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes. Or until the salmon is just opaque in the center and flakes with a fork.
- Squeeze some lemon on according to taste