These cheddar bay biscuits are insanely delicious! Spot on to the biscuits served at Red Lobster that my family gobbles up whenever we go there. My kids loved them so much that we asked for a refill just so we could box them up and take them home. So you can imagine how happy my family was when I made them at home for the first time. They have tons of flavor, cheesy, garlicky, buttery goodness.
The best part is no kneading at all, just mix it all together and drop them on the baking sheet. Super easy to make at home whenever you get the craving, make a bunch though because you will definitely have trouble sharing them. Oh, and if you do happen to have any left toss it in the microwave for 10 seconds…..so so good!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons butter cold
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut cold butter into chunks and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, ½ tsp salt. Mix until combined. Add ½ cup butter and mix with pastry cutter or fork. You don't want to mix to thoroughly there should be small chunks of butter about the size of a pea in there. Add cheddar cheese and milk and 2½ teaspoons garlic powder. Mix just until combined.
- Drop heaping spoon fulls (I like to use an ice cream scoop) onto the baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile melt the other 3 tablespoons butter in the microwave for 30 seconds add ½ teaspoon garlic powder and chopped parsley.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush with butter. Enjoy!