Cilantro lime rice makes a wonderful side dish recipe. I love all the flavors in this rice, perfect amount of cilantro and lime. It just takes a few simple ingredients, probably already found in your pantry.
It goes great with any Mexican dish, like my easy chicken enchiladas or smothered chicken burritos, or even my slow cooker beef short rib tacos. But it is the base to my tequila lime chicken burrito bowls. I love burrito bowls, who am I kidding I love ALL Mexican food! I could eat tacos everyday, like legit everyday!
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup lime juice, about 4 limes
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- In a large saute pan or pot with a lid add butter and rice and garlic. Cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Add water, cover pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until rice has absorbed all of the water about 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork, stir in lime juice and salt add more of each if desired. Add cilantro toss and serve.