If you’ve never had homemade granola, what are you waiting for? No time like the present. It is so simple to make, and it is extremely adaptable to your personal taste buds. You can use any type of nuts you want really and use any combination of honey, maple syrup, brown sugar or even agave to sweeten it up. through in some dried fruit, coconut or even som e chocolate chips to change it up a bit.
Granola is a perfect on-the-go snack, great for kids lunches, mixed in with some Greek yogurt, or even just in a bowl with some fresh berries and milk. Stores in a sealed container for up to two weeks. Or you can put it in freezer bags and freeze it for longer freshness.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Pecans
- ½ cup real Maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 300*
- Mix oats, Pecans, salt, Cinnamon together. In a seperate bowl whisk Maple Syrup, brown sugar, and olive oil until combined. Pour over oats mixture, toss until evenely combined.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy then add to the ingredients.
- Spread the granola in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, gently stir then bake for another 25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy