A delicious creamy tortellini that comes together in under 30 minutes!
You guys!!! This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Cheese Tortellini is mouthwatering! My family was hooked on it the first time I made it. Creamy, garlicky, cheesy with crisp asparagus, sweet peas and of course bacon.
Dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes, which makes this a perfect weeknight meal. Yet is is amazing enough to serve to guests. You’ll be sure to put it on your weekly rotation.
The flavors of this dish are just to die for! I love asparagus with pasta, and then there is that little burst of sweetness with the peas. Plus of course everything is always better when there is bacon in it.
Seriously though, if you love pasta dinners as much as my family does. You need to check out my Spicy Italian Sausage Baked Ziti and my Baked Ravioli with Vodka Cream Sauce both are huge family favorites.
- 1 pkg 16-20 oz cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan grated
- 6 pieces bacon
- ½ lb asparagus chopped washed trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup peas
- Cook tortellini according to pkg directions, drain and set aside
- While tortellini is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add asparagus and saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet on medium high heat, add butter, add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes
- whisk in flour and cook another minute. Whisk in cream and milk, and reduce heat to medium, bring to a low simmer. Add in Parmesan and stir until melted.
- Stir in tortellini, peas, asparagus and bacon mix until combined.