This year I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes producing from my garden, we couldn’t eat them fast enough. So I have been roasting them and throwing them into the freezer so we can enjoy them later. I love them on flatbread with some mozzarella.
There are so many ways to use these. The flavor is so sweet and concentrated. Ohh the aroma that will fill your house while these little gems are roasting slow and low in the oven with the garlic and herbs. Yum! They will add a burst of flavor to pasta, pizza, salads, chicken, fish the options are really endless.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for storage)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix gently
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tomatoes are soft and smell delicious
- Store in a sealed container with a little extra olive oil in refrigerator for a week, or freeze in small freezer bags for up to six months.