We are smack dab in the middle of peach season here in California. Grilling peaches makes them even that much better, it brings out the sweetness in them. When they get a little charred from the sugar, ohhh yes please!
This peach parfait is filled with just the right amount of sweet and tangyness. Combined with the moist pound cake, and whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel and crunchy almonds…Pure heaven!!
- 4 peaches cut in half and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound cake cut into 1" slices
- ½ cup roasted almonds sliced
- 1-2 cups whipped cream
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Sprinkle sugar over each of the peach halves. Place peaches face down on hot grill. cook for 5-10 minutes. Flip peaches and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until peaches are soft. Remove from grill and let cool. Dice peaches and pound cake into chunks.
- To assemble the parfaits pour some of the caramel in the bottom of the dessert dish. Layer pound cake, then some whipped cream followed by peaches and more whipped cream and top with chopped almonds.