Get ready for ice cream season…This Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping is that amazing topping that hardens into a candy shell when its drizzled over ice cream. This recipe only takes two ingredients…yep you heard that right just two.
What is it about this stuff? This is a huge childhood favorite of mine, I was always so fascinated at the fact that it was a liquid and when poured over ice cream became the hard crunchy topping in a matter of minutes.
Just two ingredients…. chocolate and coconut oil melted together and you have magic in seconds! Your kids will thank you this summer, and not gonna lie I still enjoy a little Magic Shell on my ice cream. Actually while shooting these photos, nobody was around to consume this masterpiece and I couldn’t let it go to waste. So I had to step up to the plate and take one for the team. Ha! But thankfully my son was home when I took the other photos
I was so surprised to find out how easy it is to make at home. I wish I would of had this recipe around when my kiddos were little, because we always had Magic Shell in the cupboard. But I guess better late than never and now I get to pass this great recipe on to you my friends….so enjoy!
My personal favorite…with a little crunched Butterfinger on top!
- 1 cup Chocolate chips (I use dark)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt optional
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring until completely melted.
- Pour it over ice cream and watch the magic happen
- **You can store any unused chocolate in a sealed container at room temperature. If it firms up to much just put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and stir and it should be ready to go.