Breakfast is my favorite meal, and I just love a good breakfast sandwich. I prefer more of a savory breakfast over a sweet one. This open faced breakfast sandwich is a fantastic combination of bacon, avocado, egg and cheese is just delicious! The perfect way to kick start the day!
A quick healthy breakfast for the kiddos before school, or even an easy weeknight dinner. It is one of my favorite meals to start the day, I prefer scrambled eggs but you could surely fry an egg if you prefer. Whether you use a fork and knife or pick it up with your hands, either way this savory breakfast sandwich will get you out of bed in the morning and will not disappoint!
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pieces cooked bacon
- ½ tomato diced
- 1 avocado
- 2 pinches of shredded cheese
- 1 english muffin
- salt and pepper
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and cook bacon until crisp and set aside and let drain on paper towels. Once cooled chop the bacon into bite small pieces.
- In a small bowl mash up avacado.
- In another bowl whisk eggs and milk until combined, heat a skillet on medium low add butter and let melt, add eggs and gently mix until scrambled about 1-2 minutes sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split english muffin with a fork and toast until lightly browned. Top with avocado, tomatoes and scrambled eggs, add cheese.
- Place under broiler just until cheese melts about 1-2 minutes. Add chopped bacon and cilantro garnish...Enjoy!