These Spicy Chicken Teriyaki Wings have just the right amount of tangy flavor, with a touch of heat.
I love chicken wings any time of the year. These Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings are one of my families absolute favorites. I always have to make a double batch, because they are devoured in a matter of minutes.
I was never a big wing eater growing up, but here in California wings are huge. Wing restaurants are everywhere, and they serve every kind you could imagine. I mean its one of the best finger foods around, great for game day or party appetizers. These are so incredibly flavorful and delicious, hard to stop at just one. They’re an easy dinner or fantastic appetizer and a sure crowd pleaser. I also have a fantastic Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wing recipe that will rock your world!
Make sure that you line your pan with foil, or you will have a sticky mess to clean up. Trust me, you will thank me later.
Teriyaki sauce is really easy to make at home, it takes just a few pantry ingredients. There will likely be some of the teriyaki sauce left over from glazing, which you can use as an extra dipping sauce on the side when serving.
- 3 lb bag chicken wings
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicier)
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Green onions and sesame seed for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken wings in a large ziplock freezer bag, pour in ⅓ of the marinade mixture. Seal and mix the wings around in the marinade. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Place the rest of the marinade in a small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch until blended. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place a metal wire cooling rack on a rimmed foil lined baking sheet. Place all the wings on the wire rack
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the wings over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- When the wings are done turn the oven to broil, brush some of the teriyaki sauce over the wings and broil 3-5 minutes. Flip the wings and repeat.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serves 4-6
- **note I usually buy the 3 lb bag of chicken, the wings tend to be a little larger