Peach and chipotle baked chicken with coconut rice is Ah-Mazing! It’s sweet and smoky and every bite is a party in your mouth. Sure to be a new forever favorite!
We eat a lot of rice, but I had never had coconut rice before. Boy have I been missing out, like big time. I think because I am not a huge fan of sweet coconut I always turned away from it. But coconut milk isn’t sweet, and adds the perfect amount of creaminess to the rice.
This is really a versatile recipe, I like to use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but you could use chicken breasts too. You just may have to cut back a bit on the cooking time depending on how thick they are. You could even grill these if you want to, either way this recipe is definitely a must try!
I usually line my baking sheet with foil or you can spray some cooking spray before adding the chicken and sauce. It makes the clean up so much easier.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup peach preserves
- 4 tablespoons Chipotle in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- green onions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Coconut Rice
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups Jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place chicken in a large ziplock freezer bag or container.
- In a medium bowl mix peach preserves, chipotle. ginger, soy sauce and salt. Add marinade to the chicken. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Place chicken and marinade on a large foil lined baking sheet, to make for an easy clean up.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Switch the oven to broil the last 5 minutes if you want to get the top a little charred. Just watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- For the Coconut Rice
- In a medium saucepan whisk in the milk water and salt and Jasmine rice. Let it come to a boil, whisking a few times. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes. Or until liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and let sit covered for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Serve chicken with rice and garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts