This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich with Chipotle Slaw is simply amazing! Super easy and full of flavor, the perfect blend of spices, everyone will be begging for seconds.
Pork roast needs to be cooked low and slow, you just can’t rush this cut of meat. It will be well worth the wait! The slow cooker makes it easy, and it turns out amazing. Putting it under the broiler for a few minutes gives it some little crusty edges that are so so yummy. Definitely a crowd pleaser!
My Sweet n Spicy Baked Beans are a perfect side to these sandwiches. The ideas for meals are endless with this recipe, sandwiches, tacos, tamales, nachos, chili, stuffed baked potato topping.I mean if you do happen to have any left over it freezes perfectly. Serve it with dill pickles, kettle cooked potato chips or fries…Yummy!
Putting the pulled pork under the broiler for a couple minutes, gives it those yummy crusty bits.
- 6-7 pound pork butt (bone in)
- 1 jar favorite barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 8-10 hamburger buns
- Dry Rub
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Chipotle Slaw
- ¾ cup Mayonaise
- 2 chipotle chiles from 1 can of chipotles in adobo diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 small head green cabbage finely shredded
- 5-6 green onions sliced
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- Salt, pepper
- In a bowl mix all the dry rub spices and set aside
- Rinse pork and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the Dijon mustard all over the pork. Then rub the spice mixture over the pork until well coated. Place into a baking pan fat side up. Cover and let stand in refrigerator over night.
- Place pork roast into a slow cooker add a ½ cup water and cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred the pork using two forks in the juice. With tongs remove from slow cooker and place into a pan.
- Leave the extra juice in the slow cooker to moisten the pork later if needed. Toss with a little barbecue sauce. Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes to get some of that crispy bark goodness.
- Serve on toasted buns
- For the Chipotle slaw
- In a large bowl add the shredded cabbage, green onions, and cilantro
- In a separate bowl whisk the mayo, chipotle chiles and lime juice and pour over the cabbage. Toss to combine
- Serves 8-10