Oh my goodness these slow cooker chicken burritos are not only easy but AH-mazingly delicious. Loaded with chicken, rice, beans and cheese and bursting with flavor. This is one burrito recipe that your family will fall in love with.
My family loves Mexican food, like a lot. I mean we could just about eat it everyday. Burritos are so versatile, they’re like little pockets of heaven, I mean who doesn’t love that? So if you’re a fan like my family then you will love this recipe.
Burritos are super easy and so versatile, I mean you could wrap just about anything in a tortilla and call it a burrito. However these chicken burritos are probably one of my favorite quick and easy meals.
This recipe can be easily doubled to eat throughout the week. Or you can freeze the chicken in freezer bags for an easy meal later.
- 2 lbs chicken tenders or boneless breasts
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 4-6 burrito sized tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pica De Gallo
- Garlic Lime Rice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or more if you like it)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pico De Gallo
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cored and diced small
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a slow cooker add chicken and taco seasoning. Cook for 2 hours on high
- When chicken is done shred with two forks allowing it to mix with the juices. Add juice of 1 lime and cilantro
- In a large pot add butter and garlic, cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Add cooked rice and lime juice and mix until combined.
- Add shredded chicken, beans and add cheese to the rice and mix well. Divide the chicken rice mixture in the tortillas and add Pico De Gallo. Wrap and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium low and add olive oil, add the wrapped burritos seam side down and heat for 4-5 minutes turning the burritos every minute so they don't burn. You just want the tortilla to get a little crispy. Serves 4-6
- Garnish with guacamole and sour cream