You will love how juicy and flavorful this chicken is, I promise!
Guys, this Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken is so easy. It is super moist and flavorful, and takes very little effort. This recipe could not be any easier, a few minutes of prep and in a couple hours you’ll have a delicious chicken.
This chicken is perfect for a busy week. It will save you time and money and you can shred it for salads, sandwiches, casseroles just to name a few. This recipe is perfect for my Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap. or my Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies.
I kid you not, once you try this you will never buy another chicken from the deli again. I never use my oven anymore to make a whole chicken. I prefer to just set it and forget it. You’ll feel so proud when your family wants seconds.
Making aluminum foil balls helps keep the chicken lifted so it doesn’t sit in the juices while cooking. Giving it more of a rotisserie flavor.
- 5 lb chicken
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Remove inner parts from chicken and pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Make 4 foil balls and place into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix softened butter, garlic, salt and pepper until combined.
- With a spoon lift the skin up from the breast and place about 1 tablespoon of garlic butter under the skin on both sides of the breast. Rub the remaining garlic butter all over the outside of the chicken skin.
- Place chicken breast side down onto the foil balls, place sliced lemon along the sides of the chicken.
- Cook for 3-31/2 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- If your slow cooker has a removable crockery insert (check to make sure it is oven safe first) place it in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes to get the skin crispy. You can also flip the chicken and broil another 4-5 minutes to crisp up the other side. If your slow cooker isn't oven safe just place your chicken on a sheet pan and then broil 4-5 minutes in the oven.
- Let rest 10 minutes and carve, drizzle juices over cut up chicken.