We love tacos…like a lot! These slow cooker salsa chicken tacos are a nice change of pace from the typical ground beef taco. Plus its super easy, just throw it all in the slow cooker set it and forget it for about 4 hours, shred and just add your favorite toppings. I like to use corn tortillas but flour tortillas would be good as well. The sriracha sour cream is absolutely to die for, it really tops off these babies with a little extra kick!
I mean is seriously doesn’t get much easier then this. It’s kid friendly and hubby approved. Plus if you just happen to have any leftover it freezes perfectly for even quicker meals during the week. You could use it in nachos, taco salad, quesadillas, burritos. Make a big pot of these and set up a taco bar with all your favorite topping for game day! I seriously recommend giving the recipe a try. I also have a slow cooker smothered chicken burrito recipe that is to die for and a great crowd pleaser.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- juice of two limes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- Sriracha spicy sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Add chicken, salsa, lime juice, cilantro and taco seasoning to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken in crock pot and let simmer in the juices another 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Serve in warm corn tortillas and add your favorite toppings
- In a small bowl mix sour cream and sriracha until combined. Put Sriracha sauce in a sandwich baggie, cut a tiny whole in the corner and drizzle over tacos