Rich and buttery Sour Cream Crumb Cake, loaded with irresistible crumbs! Each bite is simply to die for!
Who doesn’t love any excuse to have dessert for breakfast? I mean you’ll wish you could start everyday out with a piece of this Sour Cream Crumb Cake. Rich and buttery cake, loaded with delicious crumbs. Perfect with a cup of coffee or big glass of milk.
Once you experience the joy this cake brings you, you won’t want to stop eating it. Whether it be for breakfast, snack time or dessert you will find a way to sneak one more bite. The sour cream makes it super moist, and the brown sugar cinnamon crumb topping is the to die for! And oh so addictive, It’s hard to stop at just one piece.
If you’re looking for another quick and easy breakfast idea, check out my Buttermilk Blueberry Waffles.
- Crumb topping
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- The cake
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- confectioners sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat over 325 degrees spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Using a food processor combine the topping ingredients just until slightly clumpy set aside
- Using a mixer cream butter and sugars together, add eggs one at a time then vanilla and sour cream
- In a separate bowl mix the flour. baking powder and salt then add it to the wet ingredients. mix until just combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Gently spread half the crumb mixture over the cake layer pressing gently. Carefully spread the remaining cake batter over the crumb mixture followed by the rest of the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Once the cake has cooled, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cake using a spoon.