This Sweet Honey Cornbread is moist and delicious with a perfect golden brown crust.
Fall is here now bring on all the yummy comfort food! This Sweet Honey Cornbread is absolutely droolworthy, fresh out of the oven, warm with a pat of butter. Perfect addition to those warm and cozy meals that we desire in the Fall/Winter months.
I prefer my cornbread to be a little sweeter, and I love the way it cooks up in a cast iron skillet. But you could totally make this in a baking dish .
I could seriously eat it anytime of year. One of my favorite cozy meals is chili and this cornbread is the perfect sidekick to chili but I also love it with my Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup. Yum!
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a 9" cast iron skillet or baking dish with butter
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl combine egg, oil, honey and milk and mix well.
- Add wet mixture to the dry and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into skillet, bake 20 minutes