Burrito bowls are simple and delicious…or simply delicious! They can be customized to suit your own taste. The cilantro lime garlic rice is a delicious base, then add all your favorite toppers, it makes a gorgeous meal.
Chitpotle was the first time I ever had a burrito bowl and of course I just fell in love with it. Making them at home is so easy, chicken is my favorite protein for these then all the yummy veggies.
Enjoy it with crunchy tortilla chips or scoop some into a warm tortilla, or just scoop it into your mouth with a large spoon. Whether it be winter, spring, summer or fall these will hit the spot and make a fantastic weeknight meal.
- 8-10 chicken tenders
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 can black beans drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 large tomato diced
- Cilantro Lime Garlic Rice
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream and salsa for garnish
- Whisk together tequila, lime juice, chipotle pepper, garlic, salt and cilantro
- Pour marinade into large plastic storage bag then add chicken, store in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- On a hot grill cook chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and juices run clear. Then remove from grill, cover with foil and rest
- Assemble burrito bowl first add rice then chicken and desired topping