These cherry cheesecake bars are the perfect make ahead dessert. Buttery crust, creamy filling and topped with a sweet cherry sauce.
These cheesecake bars are perfect for Summer barbecues, parties or just when you’re craving some cheesecake.
The filling for this cheesecake uses just a few simple ingredients and then you’ll have a creamy, dreamy decadent dessert that everyone will crave!
Tips for making cherry cheesecake bars
- You can buy already crushed graham cracker crumbs or crush your own using a food processor
- Lay a piece of parchment paper in your baking pan to easily remove the bars.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature or else you’ll get small chunks of cream cheese that wont blend.
- Use a toothpick or skewer to make swirls with your cherry sauce, before baking.
- I like to serve any extra cherry filling on the side.
Tools used for this recipe
Whats the difference between New York Cheesecake and regular?
New York cheesecake made in a springform pan and baked in a water bath. Relies on heavy cream or sour cream which gives it a denser, smoother and creamier texture. Regular cheesecake is less dense and is lighter and fluffier texture, both cheesecakes have a buttery crust and are equally delicious!
This cheesecake recipe will easily satisfy your sweet craving but here are some more!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Deep Dish Skillet Brookie
- Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Starbucks Copycat Banana Bread
- No Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-8 ounce pkgs cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
Spray a baking pan with non stick spray, or use a piece of parchment paper for easy removal. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl add graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Press the crumbs into the pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl add softened cream cheese, using a hand mixer beat until smooth and creamy about 30 seconds. Add in sour cream, sugar, vanilla, egg and flour and beat until combined.
Pour filling on top of graham cracker crust. Add spoonfuls of cherry pie filling and using a toothpick or wooden skewer swirl the filling around.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours. Serve!
You'll have some left over cherry pie filling I just serve that on the side.