These french toast bites are light and flaky with just the perfect crispiness on the outside. Dip them in a warm maple syrup or your favorite fruit dip and pop it into your mouth and your tummy will thank you. It’s a great way to use your leftover puff pastry, for a simple breakfast or even an after school snack. A fun recipe to involve the help of little hands.
French Toast Bites
- 1 Puff Pastry sheet thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Confectioners sugar
- Maple syrup
- Mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk egg and vanilla set aside, mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside
- Roll out thawed puff pastry sheet into a 12 inch square, brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar mixture
- Cut into 3 inch squares and place on baking sheet, bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with maple syrup and fresh berries