Instant Pot Bacon Mac and Cheese is a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will devour. Creamy, cheesy comfort food in just 10 minutes! This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
The smoky flavor of crispy bacon blends perfectly with the sharp creaminess of the cheddar in this delicious and filling pasta dish. Perfect for weeknight dinners, potlucks, or a comforting Sunday night side, this mac n’ cheese recipe is sure to become a staple in your home. The best part? It can be made from start to finish in only 20 minutes.
Can I make this on the stovetop?
Absolutely! You can begin the exact same way—by frying your bacon in a pan, then remove the bacon to a paper towel and let drain. In a separate pot, boil your pasta until cooked to your liking. Drain off the water. While your pasta is still warm, add your milk, cheese, and bacon to your pasta and stir until creamy. Finally, mix in your garlic and salt and enjoy as usual!
How to store leftovers
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave until heated through. You can add 1 tablespoon of milk before warming to make it creamy again.
What's the best Instant pot to get?
I use this Instant Pot and I love it!
- We usually use elbow macaroni for this recipe, but really any pasta will work.
- I love a good thick-cut smoked bacon for this recipe, but sausage, pancetta, or prosciutto would also be delicious.
- I used white cheddar but regular cheddar would work just fine.
More pasta dishes
- Italian Sausage Baked Ziti
- Garlic Alfredo Cheese Tortellini
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Beef and Shells
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mac and Cheese is a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will devour. Creamy, cheesy delicious comfort food in just 10 minutes.
- 8 oz of uncooked bacon, diced
- 16 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Salt to taste
- Using the sear/sauté function on your pressure cooker, fry your diced bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon from your pot, leaving the butter and bacon grease behind.
- Add your pasta, water, butter, mustard, and garlic to the pot. Close your pressure cooker, make sure the vent is set to sealing, and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure from your pot.
- Once the pressure has dissipated, open your pot and add the cheeses and milk to your cooked pasta. Stir until combined and creamy.
- Add your bacon, and salt to taste and stir until well combined.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 500Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 56mgSodium 468mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 30g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply