This Breakfast Burrito is the perfect breakfast, or make a bunch and freeze them for those crazy mornings.
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal, I never skip it, it's just a great way to start the day. These babies are packed with so many layers of flavor, eggs, sausage, bacon, veggies, tots, and of course cheese. Although they are really very versatile, you can add whatever veggies you have on hand or leave them out altogether.
Breakfast is my favorite meal, we eat these burritos a lot. This recipe has bacon, sausage, tater tots, and cheese with just a hint of spice with the jalapeno and freshness from the tomatoes and cilantro all wrapped in a tortilla blanket. If you love biscuits try my Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit.
Give these simple savory breakfast bundles a try, your family will thank you. You might also want to check out my Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich for another easy and delicious breakfast.
I usually make a bunch of these and wrap them up in this plastic wrap and put them in freezer bags. Perfect for a quick grab-and-go breakfast on those rushed mornings.
Ways to heat these breakfast burritos!
- Wrap a damp paper towel around the burrito. Place in microwave and cook for about 1 minute.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Place burrito seam side down and cook for about 1 minute then rotate. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Heat an oven to 350 degrees. Place the burritos on a baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
- 1/2 bag of tater tots, about 2 cups
- 1 lb ground pork sausage, I use hot
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 8 eggs scrambled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6-8 10 inch tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Prepare tater tots according to the pkg
- Heat a skillet on medium cook bacon until desired crispiness drain and set aside, let cool and chop into bit size pieces. In the same skillet drain the bacon fat and add the sausage, peppers and onions. Breaking the meat up with a spoon, cook until done about 6-7 minutes remove from pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper. In a non stick skillet heat the butter up then add the egg mixture cook on medium low just until cooked, remove from heat. Always better to slightly under cook the eggs.
- In the middle of a flour tortilla add some cheese, then a couple tablespoons of the scrambled eggs. Followed by some bacon and some sausage, jalapeños, and onions.. Add a few tater tots and some fresh tomatoes and a pinch of cilantro then tuck the sides in and roll up the tortilla. Place on platter cover with a damp paper towel and pop into the microwave for just a few seconds to melt the cheese.
- Wrap burito in damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.
- or heat a skillet on medium low heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Place burrito in skillet and cook about 1 minute then rotate. Watching carefully not to burn.
**Note** You can easily double this recipe and freeze them. Just wrap each one in some plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Then just remove the plastic wrap and wrap in a moist paper
For frozen burritos- wrap a damp paper towel around frozen burrito and heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Then 30 second increments after that until heated through.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 861Total Fat 67gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 39gCholesterol 388mgSodium 1993mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 56g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.