This Breakfast Burrito is the perfect breakfast, or make a bunch and freeze them for those crazy mornings.
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal, I never skip it, it's just a great way to start the day. These babies are packed with so many layers of flavor, eggs, sausage, bacon, veggies, tots, and of course cheese. Although they are really very versatile, you can add whatever veggies you have on hand or leave them out altogether.
Breakfast is my favorite meal, we eat these burritos a lot. This recipe has bacon, sausage, tater tots, and cheese with just a hint of spice with the jalapeno and freshness from the tomatoes and cilantro all wrapped in a tortilla blanket. If you love biscuits try my Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit.
Give these simple savory breakfast bundles a try, your family will thank you. You might also want to check out my Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich for another easy and delicious breakfast.
I usually make a bunch of these and wrap them up in this plastic wrap and put them in freezer bags. Perfect for a quick grab-and-go breakfast on those rushed mornings.
Ways to heat these breakfast burritos!
- Wrap a damp paper towel around the burrito. Place in microwave and cook for about 1 minute.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Place burrito seam side down and cook for about 1 minute then rotate. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Heat an oven to 350 degrees. Place the burritos on a baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- 1/2 bag of tater tots about 2 cups
- 1 lb ground pork sausage I use hot
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 8 eggs scrambled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 6-8 10 inch tortillas
- Prepare tater tots according to the pkg directions and set them aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium cook bacon until desired crispiness drain and set aside, let cool and chop into bit size pieces. In the same skillet drain the bacon fat and add the sausage, peppers, and onions. Breaking the meat up with a spoon, cook until done about 6-7 minutes remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet heat the butter up then add the egg mixture cook on medium-low just until cooked, and remove from heat. Always better to slightly undercook the eggs.
- In the middle of a flour tortilla add some cheese, then a couple of tablespoons of the scrambled eggs. Followed by some bacon and sausage, jalapeños, and onions.. Add a few tater tots and some fresh tomatoes and a pinch of cilantro then tuck the sides in and roll up the tortilla. Place on a platter cover with a damp paper towel and pop into the microwave for just a few seconds to melt the cheese.
- Wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.
- Or heat a skillet on medium-low heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Place burrito in skillet and cook for about 1 minute then rotate. Watching carefully not to burn.