This strawberry cheesecake mousse is a new favorite dessert at our house. It’s a very refreshing dessert to have on a warm summer night. If you love strawberries and cheesecake you have to try this! Great for those hot summer days when you need a dessert but don’t want to bake in your oven.
- 6 cups dices strawberries plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 pkg unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Dice up strawberries and place in food processor and pulse a few times. Remove and place in a medium bowl. Stir in ½ cup sugar and let sit for an hour.
- Strain the strawberries through a sieve into a medium bowl until you get 1 cup of juice. Measure 3 tablespoons of the juice and put into separate bowl, Add the gelatin and mix and let sit for 5 minutes. Place the remaining juice into a saucepan and heat over medium heat just until reduced to about ¼ to ½ cup stir in gelatin and mix well add cream cheese and whisk until all clumps are dissolved. Set aside
- Return the strawberries to the food processor and pulse until pureed. Strain the puree through a sieve to remove all the seeds. Add the puree to the cream cheese mixture and mix. Discard the seeds.
- In a food processor pulse the graham crackers into crumbs, remove to a separate bowl, add the melted butter and mix until combined.
- Put 3-4 tablespoons of the graham crackers into the dessert dishes gently press. Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly. Chill for 4 hours.
- Using a stand mixer whisk the heavy whipping cream until frothy, increase speed to high and whip until peaks form about 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar and whip another 2 minutes.