Strawberry hot cocoa bombs are so much fun to make. Decadent spheres filled with strawberry drink mix, freeze-dried strawberries, and marshmallows, add hot milk, and enjoy! This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
When you pour hot milk over these chocolate bombs and watch your chocolate bomb reveal sweet surprises. Perfect for any occasion and they make the best homemade gifts.
What are hot chocolate bombs?
Chocolate spheres filled with hot cocoa, marshmallows, and sprinkles. Then when hot milk is poured over the bomb it melts and all the wonderful goodies inside come out and turn into a delicious hot chocolate.
What are freeze-dried strawberries?
Freeze drying fruit first consists of freezing the fruit then placing it in a vacuum under very low pressure. This process removes the water, which in turn creates a light airy texture. Easy to crumble into a powder if needed.
Tips for making hot cocoa bombs
- Melting wafers melt the best but Ghiradelli chocolate chips would be my second choice.
- Don't overheat the chocolate. Microwave in 15-second intervals.
- A sandwich bag can be used instead of a piping bag if needed, use a toothpick to poke a small hole in one of the corners.
- If you use food-safe gloves while working with the balls you will prevent fingerprints in the chocolate.
- Get the milk hot, you want it hot enough to melt the chocolate when you pour it over the bomb.
- You can also add fun candy surprises to the bombs.
- You can totally change the flavors, by using different flavors of chocolate and the fillings inside.
Items you'll need for hot cocoa bombs
One of the best things about these hot cocoa bombs is they are totally customizable. You can use milk chocolate melts and fill the bombs with hot cocoa and your favorite sprinkles.
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs
Strawberry hot cocoa bombs are so much fun to make. Decadent spheres filled with strawberry drink mix, freeze-dried strawberries, and marshmallows, add hot milk, and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Powder Drink Mix
- 8 ounces White Chocolate melting wafers *see notes
- 1/2 cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1/3 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Large cavity semi-sphere silicone mold
- Melt white chocolate melts in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir then heat in 15-second increments and then stir until melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate into the chocolate bomb mold and coat the entire mold using the back of a small spoon.
- Allow chocolate to set up in the molds (If desired, speed up this process by placing molds in the freezer for several minutes).
- Once it has hardened, gently press chocolate spheres out of molds.
- Place the bottom half onto a hot plate and turn it to melt and smooth the edges.
- Fill the bottom half with 2-3 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture, several freeze-dried strawberries, and mini marshmallows.
- Place the top half of the sphere on a warm plate to smooth edges and gently press two halves together. The slightly melted edge will seal the two halves together. Place in a muffin tin to set up and decorate.
- Decorate tops by piping melted white chocolate from a pastry bag and sprinkle with strawberry dust, shaved white chocolate, and/or sprinkles.
- Enjoy your strawberry bombs by placing a bomb in a mug and pouring hot milk over it.
Melting wafers melt the best but Ghiradelli chocolate chips would be my second choice.
A sandwich bag can be used instead of a piping bag if needed, use a toothpick to poke a small hole in one of the corners.
Amount Per Serving Calories 490Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 16mgSodium 113mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 1gSugar 54gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply