This Turkey French Dip Sandwich is perfect to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey or roast a breast for a comforting hot sandwich. Definitely a keeper.
This Turkey French Dip Sandwich is delicious and easy. Perfect for leftover Thanksgiving turkey or roast a turkey breast when your craving that perfect hot sandwich any time of year. These babies have tender turkey on a crusty roll with melted provolone cheese and a side of delicious gravy to dip each bit into.
Every Thanksgiving I roast the biggest turkey I can find, I usually shoot for about 24 pounds. Mostly because I want to feast on those delicious sandwiches for the next couple days.
I like to use Herb De Provence in my poultry but if you don’t have that rosemary and thyme will do just fine.
I love sandwiches, I could eat one everyday and never get sick of them. Another one of out families favorites is my Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.
- 3 pound half bone-in turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Herbs De Provence, or 1 teaspoon rosemary 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 4-6 crusty rolls
For the gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- Salt pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
For the Turkey
- In a small bowl mix together the softened butter, garlic and Herb De Provence, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet place turkey breasts skin side up and rub the butter mixture all over and under the skin.
- Bake turkey for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 40 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees
- Remove and let rest 15 minutes
For the Gravy
- In the same skillet on medium high heat, add butter and whisk until melted. Add flour and whisk until a paste is formed that will thicken the gravy. Mix in chicken stock and let simmer until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer your turkey slices on toasted rolls and put a couple slices of provolone cheese on place under broiler and melt the cheese.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 381 Total Fat 24g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 89mg Sodium 823mg Carbohydrates 18g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 24g