Sweet and spicy, this salsa is made with watermelon, strawberries, herbs, honey, jalapeno, and onion. Eat it with chips or tacos or your favorite protein. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Summer is all about grilling, family BBQ’s and potlucks, you’ll enjoy this cool and refreshing salsa all summer long. This fresh watermelon salsa is quick and easy to make sweet and spicy bursting with summertime freshness.
Can I make this in advance?
Most salsas taste better after they sit a day or two. This one is best fresh, although it still tastes amazing after a couple of days. I just prefer to serve it for gatherings fresh.
How long does this last?
Store in an airtight container and use within 5 days for best flavor and texture.
- Let it marinate for 1 hour for the best flavor.
- Leave the seeds in the jalapeno for a little more kick.
- Cut the pieces small so all the flavors are easily scooped onto chips.
- Use only fresh limes, nothing better than fresh-squeezed!
- I prefer red onion for this salsa but any onion will do.
- Swap out the strawberries for mango or even pineapple.
More delicious summer dips
- 2 cups watermelon, diced small
- 1 cup strawberries, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, destemmed, seeded and diced small
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey, optional
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, diced small
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- You can serve immediately or place it in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or on tacos or your favorite protein..
Amount Per Serving Calories 60Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.