Sweet and spicy, this salsa is made with watermelon, strawberries, herbs, honey, jalapeno, and onion. Eat it with chips or tacos or your favorite protein. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Summer is all about grilling, family BBQ’s and potlucks, you’ll enjoy this cool and refreshing salsa all summer long. This fresh watermelon salsa is quick and easy to make sweet and spicy bursting with summertime freshness.
Can I make this in advance?
Most salsas taste better after they sit a day or two. This one is best fresh, although it still tastes amazing after a couple of days. I just prefer to serve it for gatherings fresh.
How long does this last?
Store in an airtight container and use within 5 days for best flavor and texture.
- Let it marinate for 1 hour for the best flavor.
- Leave the seeds in the jalapeno for a little more kick.
- Cut the pieces small so all the flavors are easily scooped onto chips.
- Use only fresh limes, nothing better than fresh-squeezed!
- I prefer red onion for this salsa but any onion will do.
- Swap out the strawberries for mango or even pineapple.
More delicious summer dips
- 2 cups watermelon diced small
- 1 cup strawberries diced small
- 1 jalapeno destemmed, seeded and diced small
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 Tablespoon basil chopped
- 1 Tablespoon mint chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey optional
- 3 Tablespoons red onion diced small
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- You can serve immediately or place it in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or on tacos or your favorite protein..