Baked ziti is a classic comfort dish thats easy and delicious! A guaranteed crowd pleaser!
This Spicy Italian Sausage Baked Ziti totally hits the spot! Tender pasta smothered in sauce with my special cheese blend that will satisfy even the pickiest eater.
One of the great things about this baked ziti is it can be made ahead of time and then just pop in the oven for a delicious weeknight meal. Add a salad and some garlic bread and your all set! Except for dessert of course….but I totally got that covered too. My Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake will rock your world!
Just drop spoonfuls of the cheese mixture on the pasta and it will melt into cheesy deliciousness. I’ve never been a huge fan of Ricotta, and I can’t really put my finger on why I think its the gritty texture. This cheese mixture is ah-mazing! Not gonna lie I do lick the bowl when I’m done, none goes to waste.
We like our pasta dishes a little saucier, but if you like it on the dryer side feel free to cut back on that sauce.
Still hungry? Check out these recipes!
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Easy Oven-Baked Ribs
- Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter
- Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
- Beef Stroganoff
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- 16 oz dry ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 jars marinara/spaghetti sauce, 24 ounces each
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups mozzarella
- fresh Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta 2 minutes under al dente according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet add onions and saute 2-3 minutes, add sausage and cook stirring occasionally, until cooked through about 12 minutes. Drain fat and add in garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add in sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add cottage cheese, cream cheese, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil and mix until combined.
- Add meat mixture to pasta and mix until combined. In a 9x13 baking dish pour half the pasta mixture into the baking dish. Add small scoops of the cheese mixture on the pasta. Then add the rest of the pasta. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil
We like our pasta dishes a little saucier, if you prefer your pasta a little dryer only use 2 jars of pasta sauce.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 486Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 85mgSodium 1253mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 8gProtein 28g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.