New York Cheesecake is a classic, rich and creamy dessert, that everyone will go crazy for.
This New York cheesecake has been a family favorite for years now. Its actually a very simple recipe to make. A buttery graham cracker crust, topped off with a thick and creamy filling and finished off with a sweet sour cream topping.
This is definitely one of my all time favorite desserts. Perfect for the Holidays or any other special occasion.
How to make the filling
- Start by making sure your cream cheese is room temperature. I just leave mine on the counter for about an hour.
- Using a hand mixer mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla just until creamy.
- Add in the eggs a and mix just until combined. You don’t want to over mix the filling.
How to prepare the crust
- Place your graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until fine. You can use pre-packaged graham crackers if you desire.
- In a small bowl mix the crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter with a fork until combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of a springform pan.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan
Bake the cheesecake
- Wrapping foil all around the outside is important.
- Lay 2 pieces of foil (about 16 inch) crisscrossed, then place the 9 inch springform pan in the center and crumple up the foil on the sides. Making it as tight as possible, to prevent any water from leaking through.
- The custard filling is delicate. Baking in a water bath provides a more even bake and keeps the cheesecake moist and helps prevent cracking.
- New York cheesecake is started in a very hot oven for a short period of time, then reduce the temperature to finish it off.
Looking for more delicious desserts?
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Spiced Rum Cake
- Classic Carrot Cake
- No Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
For the sour cream topping Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Sour Cream Topping
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 598Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 223mgSodium 397mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 0gSugar 32gProtein 10g
For the sour cream topping
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.