New York Cheesecake is a classic, rich and creamy dessert, that everyone will go crazy for.
This New York cheesecake has been a family favorite for years now. Its actually a very simple recipe to make. A buttery graham cracker crust, topped off with a thick and creamy filling and finished off with a sweet sour cream topping.
This is definitely one of my all time favorite desserts. Perfect for the Holidays or any other special occasion.
How to make the filling
- Start by making sure your cream cheese is room temperature. I just leave mine on the counter for about an hour.
- Using a hand mixer mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla just until creamy.
- Add in the eggs a and mix just until combined. You don’t want to over mix the filling.
How to prepare the crust
- Place your graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until fine. You can use pre-packaged graham crackers if you desire.
- In a small bowl mix the crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter with a fork until combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of a springform pan.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan
Bake the cheesecake
- Wrapping foil all around the outside is important.
- Lay 2 pieces of foil (about 16 inch) crisscrossed, then place the 9 inch springform pan in the center and crumple up the foil on the sides. Making it as tight as possible, to prevent any water from leaking through.
- The custard filling is delicate. Baking in a water bath provides a more even bake and keeps the cheesecake moist and helps prevent cracking.
- New York cheesecake is started in a very hot oven for a short period of time, then reduce the temperature to finish it off.
Looking for more delicious desserts?
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Spiced Rum Cake
- Classic Carrot Cake
- No Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 598 Total Fat 47g Saturated Fat 27g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 15g Cholesterol 223mg Sodium 397mg Carbohydrates 35g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 32g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 10g