This Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry will make you never go for take out again!
This Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner that’s perfect for those busy weeknights. Tender chicken and crisp veggies tossed in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. Better than any take out!
The sauce for this stir fry is easy to adjust if you want to cut back the heat. I would suggest just adding two tablespoon of the chili sauce to the sauce mixture then taste it.
We are big lovers of spicy thingsin our house. My hubby more then me, but I do love spicy foods. This sauce is to die for!
We love chicken thighs, they are perfect for stir fry. But if you prefer chicken breast then that works too.
Tossing the chicken in cornstarch first, then frying it in a hot cast iron pan or wok. Gives it a little crispy texture, but also helps thicken the sauce.
Stir fry is such a quick and easy way to make a delicious meal. My Shrimp With Hot Garlic Sauce is another quick and easy stir fry that will simply rock your world!
This stir chicken stir fry is seriously one of me new favorite go to meals!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup yellow pepper
- 1 cup red pepper
- 1 small onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Garlic chili sauce (depending on your heat level)
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- Green onions chopped for garnish
- Cut chicken thighs into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add cornstarch, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili sauce, and ketchup until combined.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skilletor wok on high heat. Add chicken in batches and cook 5-6 minutes. Remove to a bowl and repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Add onions, peppers and cook 2-3 minutes. Add in snap peas and garlic, cook another minute.
- Add back in the chicken and add sauce mixture, mix until combined. Simmer for 1-2 minutes for the sauce to thicken up a bit.
- Serve with rice and garnish with green onions
- **If you want to adjust the heat level, just start with 2 tablespoons and taste it