This Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner that's loaded with flavor!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
This Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner that's perfect for those busy weeknights like my Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli. Tender chicken and crisp veggies tossed in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. Better than any take-out!
Everybody needs a quick and easy stir fry in their dinner rotation like this cashew chicken. Plus it's a great way to integrate lots of veggies.
Tips for making sweet n spicy chicken stir fry
- The sauce for this stir fry is easy to adjust if you want to cut back the heat. I would suggest just adding 1-2 tablespoons of chili sauce to the sauce mixture then taste it.
- We love chicken thighs, they are perfect for stir fry. But if you prefer chicken breast then that works too.
- Tossing the chicken in cornstarch first, then frying it in a hot cast iron pan or wok. Gives it a little crispy texture, but also helps thicken the sauce.
- Swap out the chicken for shrimp it's equally as delicious.
- Don't overcook the veggies you want them to have a little bit of bite to them.
Absolutely, You can add whatever veggies you have on hand. Broccoli, cauliflower, and even zucchini would be delicious in this.
Try these take-out recipes
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
This Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry will make you never go for take out again!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Garlic chili sauce (depending on your heat level)
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, cut into slices
- 1 cup yellow pepper, cut into slices
- 1 cup red pepper, cut into slices
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Green onions chopped for garnish
- Cut chicken thighs into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add cornstarch, salt, and pepper and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili sauce, and ketchup until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet (I use a cast iron skillet or wok on high heat. Add chicken in batches and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove to a bowl and repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Add onions, peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in snap peas and garlic, cook another minute.
- Add back in the chicken and add sauce mixture, mix until combined. Simmer for 1-2 minutes for the sauce to thicken up a bit.
- Serve with rice and garnish with green onions.
**If you want to adjust the heat level, just start with 1 tablespoon of garlic chili sauce and taste it.
Snow peas can be used in place of sugar snap peas.
Amount Per Serving Calories 421Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 184mgSodium 1715mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 40g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Yay Diane so happy hubby was pleased 🙂
My husband loved it, great taste, thank you
Yay Tay! So happy you loved it 🙂
This was amazing! Absolutely sublime flavours! Thank you so much
Yay Amanda! You've totally made my night so happy you loved it 🙂
What a great recipe! I added in a pinch of fish sauce just because I had some on hand to get that umami taste. It was a hit! This was my first time making stir fry and my first time trying out your blog. Will have to check out some of your other posts 🙂
Lemon juice would be a good substitute 🙂
HI! WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUE FOR VINEGAR?
Kimberly @ Foodtalko
Gosh! It looks so yummy and delicious. I can't wait to give this one a try.