This Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner that's loaded with flavor!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
This Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner that's perfect for those busy weeknights like my Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli. Tender chicken and crisp veggies tossed in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. Better than any take-out!
Everybody needs a quick and easy stir fry in their dinner rotation like this cashew chicken. Plus it's a great way to integrate lots of veggies.
Tips for making sweet n spicy chicken stir fry
- The sauce for this stir fry is easy to adjust if you want to cut back the heat. I would suggest just adding 1-2 tablespoons of chili sauce to the sauce mixture then taste it.
- We love chicken thighs, they are perfect for stir fry. But if you prefer chicken breast then that works too.
- Tossing the chicken in cornstarch first, then frying it in a hot cast iron pan or wok. Gives it a little crispy texture, but also helps thicken the sauce.
- Swap out the chicken for shrimp it's equally as delicious.
- Don't overcook the veggies you want them to have a little bit of bite to them.
Absolutely, You can add whatever veggies you have on hand. Broccoli, cauliflower, and even zucchini would be delicious in this.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Garlic chili sauce depending on your heat level
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion cut into slices
- 1 cup yellow pepper cut into slices
- 1 cup red pepper cut into slices
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Green onions chopped for garnish
- Cut chicken thighs into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add cornstarch, salt, and pepper and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili sauce, and ketchup until combined. Set aside.
- Add onions, peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in snap peas and garlic, cook another minute.
- Add back in the chicken and add sauce mixture, mix until combined. Simmer for 1-2 minutes for the sauce to thicken up a bit.
- Serve with rice and garnish with green onions.