An easy warm and gooey dessert without having to heat up your house. Great for camp-outs and barbecues. You can also bake it for a delicious Fall dessert.
What kind of apples are best?
I prefer using Fuji or Honey Crisp, they both hold up really well with grilling or baking. Any apple variety will work, some varieties just cook much faster, so check them for tenderness after about 15 minutes.
How to prepare Grilled Apples
- First using a paring knife, slice off the top.
- Then I find it easiest to use a melon baller to remove the core and seeds. But a spoon will work also.
- Next, flip the apple over and cut 1/8 inch slits around the apple.
- Brush the inside of the apple with the cinnamon mixture
- Pour in the caramel and pecans. Wrap the apple in aluminum foil and grill or bake.
You can never have too many apple recipes!
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Apple Pie Turnovers
- Caramel Skillet Apple Crisp
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Apple Walnut Fritter Bread
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- 4 apples (I used Honey Crisp)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- ½ cup caramel plus more for topping
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Slice the top of the apple off and scoop out the core and seeds using a melon baller or spoon.
- Flip over the apple and cut narrow slits (about ¼ in wide) all around the apple.
- Place apple on a sheet of foil and brush the butter mixture over the top.
- Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of caramel into the center and add some pecans.
- Wrap the apples. And place on a hot grill (over indirect heat) and cover. Grill for 20-25 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Remove from foil and top with ice cream, more caramel sauce, and extra nuts.
- To bake: Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 375-degree oven. Or until desired tenderness.
The grilling time is according to a medium heated grill. You may have to adjust the grilling time if the grill is low.
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 30mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 6gSugar 53gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.