Beef stir fry is incredibly easy and loaded with tender beef and crisp vegetables.
The best thing about stir fries is that they come together super quick, which makes it a perfect meal for those busy weeknights. Once you start making stir fries at home, you’ll never feel the need to order take out again. Stir fries are super versatile, healthy and a great way to use up all those extra veggies in your fridge.
What is the best beef for stir fry? There are several cuts of beef that are great for stir frying. Good news is it doesn’t have to break the bank. These are the most popular Sirloin, skirt steak, flank steak, and rib eye (which to me is the most tender) Whichever you choose its important to cut thin slices against the grain and cook in a fast hot wok or skillet.
Tips for making beef stir fry
- Whisk the sauce together and set aside
- Cut and slice your veggies
- Slice the steak against the grain into thin slices
- Toss the steak in salt, pepper and cornstarch
- Heat a wok or skillet or super high heat, cook steak in batches if needed. Remove to a plate
- Add onions and peppers, then snap peas, garlic and ginger.
- Add beef and sauce back in, Toss 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Serve over rice or pasta
Tools/ingredients I used to make this recipe
- Wok/Cast Iron Skillet
- Garlic press
- Mixing bowls
- Oyster Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes
Still hungry? Check out these quick and easy recipes
- Paprika Chicken and Rice Bake
- Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Pan Seared Garlic Rib-Eye steak