This sweet chili shrimp is quick and easy and comes together in under 30 minutes.
This Sweet Chili Shrimp Stir Fry is full of sauteed shrimp, onions, red peppers, and asparagus, tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce. The combination of flavors are fantastic and this quickly became a family favorite.
My whole family loves shrimp, one of the great benefits is that it cooks super fast. The perfect dish any night of the week.
How to make Sweet Chili Shrimp Stir Fry.
- Simply saute veggies in olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Remove and then saute the shrimp for 2-3 minutes then remove to the same platter as veggies. Add in the sauce let simmer just until thickened, then add shrimp and veggies back in. And you’re ready to eat!
- Chili sauce is found in the Asian cuisine section of your grocery store, I usually get the Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, but any brand will work fine.
I used onions, red pepper and asparagus, but you could really use whatever veggies you have on hand. And although regular rice is delicious, I love to have this with coconut rice and I have included the recipe for it. So so good!
More of my favorite shrimp recipes
- Crispy Fried Coconut Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls
- Cajun Shrimp Avocado tostadas
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp with Hot Garlic Sauce
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp Fajitas
Sweet Chili Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper cut into slices
- 1 small onion cut into slices
- 1 lb asparagus cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 -15 oz can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups Jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl whisk together chili sauce, soy sauce, water and cornstarch until combined and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat, add the peppers, onions and asparagus and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes just to softened them. Remove veggies to a plate.
Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Or until they are pink and firm and cooked through. Remove to the plate.
Add the sauce mixture into the skillet, simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add veggies and shrimp back into the pan. Serve and enjoy!
- For the coconut rice
- In a medium saucepan add water, coconut milk, Jasmine rice and salt. Mix until combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium/low cover and cook for 18-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.