Bacon Jalapeño Twice Baked potatoes are delicious, creamy and cheesy. Always a huge crowd pleaser!
These Bacon jalapeño twice baked potatoes are pure heaven! Whether they’re baked, mashed, fried potatoes are always the ultimate comfort food.
They were the star at our last big family dinner, and I loved that I was able to make them the day before. Then just throw them in the oven to get hot and bubbly. They can be the star of the meal or a delicious side dish.
How to make Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potatoes
- Wash potatoes
- Generously poke potatoes with a fork
- Rub olive oil over them and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake or microwave until tender.
- Let cool slightly, using a sharp knife slice potatoes in half.
- Using a spoon hollow out potatoes and place in a bowl
- Add filling ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop the filling back into the hollowed out potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.
We love potatoes every which way in our family, but these are one of my favorites. These little treasures are filled with all my favorite ingredients. Bacon, jalapeños, and cheese.
What to serve with Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potatoes
- Grilled Tri Tip with Peppers and Onions
- Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs
- Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Easy Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Teriyaki Chicken
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk warm
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 jalapenos finely diced
- 8 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt/pepper
- sour cream
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub potatoes clean and then poke each potato with fork several times, and place on a baking sheet. Rub the olive oil on the potatoes and salt generously with kosher salt. Bake 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees
- When potatoes are fully cooked, slice each potato in half, scoop out the inside and place into a bowl. Add butter, jalapenos, bacon ( leave some out for garnish) and cream cheese and mix together until combined. Mix in cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potato mixture back into the potato skins, add diced bacon on top and sprinkle with some additional cheese. Place bake into the oven for 15 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- Top with sour cream, bacon and green onions...Enjoy!