Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta is a simple dish the whole family will love.
Tender chicken, sausages, pasta and fresh veggies all in a creamy sauce. A quick and easy weeknight meal that my family loves!
Chicken and pasta are always a popular combo around here and this particular dish is ready in under 30 minutes and loaded with delicious flavors.
Tips for making Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta
- I used chicken tenders, but you can really use any cut of chicken you prefer.
- Any kind of smoked sausage works well in the dish. Some have a little more kick then others.
- I usually use Penne pasta, but you can use 8 oz of whatever you have on hand really.
- If you don’t have any half and half on hand, you can do a 50/50 ratio of whole milk and heavy cream.
Looking for more past dishes?
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Baked Ravioli with Vodka Cream Sauce
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 oz Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (or more if desired)
- 1 ½ lbs chicken, diced
- 3 smoked sausage links cut into slices
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ½ cups half and half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions until its al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl toss the diced chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add diced chicken, peppers and onions. Cook until chicken is no longer pink about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in sliced sausage and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add in the half and half. Mix and let it come to a low simmer. Stir in parmesan cheese and mix until combined.
- Add in the pasta and mix everything together.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 667Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 177mgSodium 1317mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 42g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.