Taco pasta skillet is a cheesy and meaty dinner loaded with beef, pasta veggies, and of course cheese!
I'm a huge fan of quick and easy meals. This recipe isn't too complicated and comes together in under 30 minutes which is always a win!
Tips and tricks for taco pasta skillet
- You can really use any type of pasta just cook it al dente according to the package directions.
- Substitute the ground beef for ground turkey or even chicken.
- Freshly grated cheese. Only use freshly grated cheese in your because packaged cheeses contain chemicals that keep them from easily melting.
- It will look like a lot of sauce, but after letting it sit a bit it will absorb into the pasta.
Be creative top with sour cream, avocados salsa tortilla chips, or Fritos which is my favorite! This taco pasta will surely go on your weekly meal rotation.
More easy dinner meals!
- Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Honey butter Garlic Chicken
- Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowl
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- ½ pound pasta shells (I used medium)
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups Beef broth
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1cup Heavy cream (or whole milk)
- 1-10 oz can diced Tomatoes
- 1-7oz can Green chilis
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 ½ cups cheese (I used cheddar and pepper jack)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. And set aside
- Heat a 12-inch skillet to medium-high heat and add ground beef and onions. Cook until browned about 5-7 minutes. Add in garlic the last minute to cook. Remove ground beef to a bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add in tomato paste, whisk a few seconds and add in beef broth. Whisk in Velveeta, taco seasoning, Worcestershire, and heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Mix in tomatoes, green chilis, cilantro, beans, corn, ground beef and pasta, and cheese mix until combined.
- Cover 15 minutes to let thicken.
- Garnish with Fritos!
It will seem like there is a lot of sauce but it will absorb into the pasta after setting a bit.
Amount Per Serving Calories 770Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 178mgSodium 1363mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 44g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.