Ravioli with Vodka Cream sauce is just simply a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Vodka cream sauce is one of my favorites no matter what kind of pasta its smothered over. This hearty ravioli dish is packed with flavor and definitely a crowd pleaser.
This sauce is rich and creamy and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Adding a little vodka to the sauce seems to give it a little balance, and the cream gives it that delicious creamy richness. I prefer to use beef ravioli but you could certainly use spinach or cheese. Or even tackle making ravioli from scratch. This seriously comes together so fast and is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Tips for making Baked Ravioli with vodka cream sauce.
- Cook pasta to al dente or even just a tad under. It will cook more in the dish while it bakes.
- Be careful when adding the vodka, I usually turn off the heat then turn it back on after its in the pot.
- You can prepare this ahead of time for a quick weeknight dinner. You’ll just have to add about 10-15 minutes cooking time if you bring the dish straight from refrigerator to oven.
Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Spicy Italian Sausage Baked Ziti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1-28oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-20 oz bags frozen ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat add butter. Add onions and cook until soft about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook another minute. Carefully add in the vodka and simmer uncovered, until reduced by about half, about 5-6 minutes. Add in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes. Whisk in basil and cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make ravioli according to the package directions. Layer the ravioli in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour sauce over the ravioli, sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley
Amount Per Serving Calories 668Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 126mgSodium 1775mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 25g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.