Ravioli with Vodka Cream sauce is just simply a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Vodka cream sauce is one of my favorites no matter what kind of pasta its smothered over. This hearty ravioli dish is packed with flavor and definitely a crowd pleaser.
This sauce is rich and creamy and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Adding a little vodka to the sauce seems to give it a little balance, and the cream gives it that delicious creamy richness. I prefer to use beef ravioli but you could certainly use spinach or cheese. Or even tackle making ravioli from scratch. This seriously comes together so fast and is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Tips for making Baked Ravioli with vodka cream sauce.
- Cook pasta to al dente or even just a tad under. It will cook more in the dish while it bakes.
- Be careful when adding the vodka, I usually turn off the heat then turn it back on after its in the pot.
- You can prepare this ahead of time for a quick weeknight dinner. You’ll just have to add about 10-15 minutes cooking time if you bring the dish straight from refrigerator to oven.
Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Spicy Italian Sausage Baked Ziti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1-28oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-20 oz bags frozen ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat add butter. Add onions and cook until soft about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook another minute. Carefully add in the vodka and simmer uncovered, until reduced by about half, about 5-6 minutes. Add in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes. Whisk in basil and cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make ravioli according to the package directions. Layer the ravioli in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour sauce over the ravioli, sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley
Amount Per Serving Calories 668 Total Fat 40g Saturated Fat 24g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 126mg Sodium 1775mg Carbohydrates 34g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 10g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 25g