Creamy stovetop macaroni and cheese is a classic, and perfect any night of the week.
This macaroni and cheese is super creamy, with just a few seasonings and comes together super fast. I mean who can deny a creamy bowl of comfort food? I know I cant!
This is a dish to satisfy both young and old and is seriously life changing!
Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese tips
- Cook your pasta al dente, it will cook a tad more in the cheese sauce.
- Make sure all your ingredients are measured and ready to go.
- Grate your cheese by hand. Pre shredded cheese is coated with starches and doesn’t melt as well.
- Cube you American cheese up into small pieces.
- I use sharp cheddar cheese for the best flavor.
What can I serve with this?
- Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Pan Seared Garlic Rib Eye Steak
- Brined Herb Chicken Breasts
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Spicy Fried Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Grilled Skirt Steak
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hotdogs
- 8 ounces dry pasta, I used elbow noodles
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups half n half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, I used sharp
- 1/2 cup American cheese, the kind from the Deli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according the the al dente directions
- Heat a skillet or pot on medium low heat. Add the butter and whisk until melted, add in the flour and whisk until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the milk a little at a time. Once all the half and half is whisked in reduce heat to low and let simmer just until thickened.
- Whisk in the mustard, garlic powder, cayenne, until combined.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheeses and whisk until melted.
- Add in cooked pasta
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 840 Saturated Fat 34g Cholesterol 162mg Sodium 1414mg Carbohydrates 58g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Protein 30g