Bacon Jalapeño Mac n Cheese has the perfect amount of heat, with smoky bacon and the perfect cheesy sauce.
This Bacon Jalapeño Mac n Cheese is a nice twist on the typical recipe and is over the top delicious. Cheesy goodness, smoky bacon and jalapenos three great flavors that are fantastic together. This is a recipe that is requested a lot in my family.
How to make Bacon Jalapeño Mac n Cheese
- In a cast iron skillet cook bacon until crispy and drain on a paper towel.
- In the same skillet remove all but 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat. add in diced jalapenos and cook until soft about 1 minute.
- Add in flour and whisk about 1 minute to cook the flour a bit.
- Add in whole milk and whisk until combined, add in softened cream cheese and simmer until thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and add shredded cheese and bacon and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl with melted butter add Panko crumbs and mix, set aside.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix. Place in baking dish or keep in skillet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
It’s easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes. You can use any pasta you have on hand and any cheese you prefer really, and perfect just as is.
The Panko crumbs on top add just a little crunchy texture. Mmmm It was such a huge hit in my house the first time I made it, that I had to make it twice in the same week. Whether its a side dish or a main dish, this is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Comfort food at it’s best!
Look at that cheesy pasta! Whats not to love?
Looking for more of my delicious recipes?
- Easy Oven BBQ Baked Ribs
- Brined Herb Chicken Breasts
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Bacon Jalapeño Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1/2 lb bacon I used Cherry wood smoked bacon
- 1-2 jalapenos diced
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk whole milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzerella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop raw bacon up into bite size pieces. Heat a skillet on medium high heat and cook bacon until crispy and let drain on paper towels.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside
- In same cast iron skillet, drain all but 3 tablespoon bacon fat. Add diced jalapeno and cook just until soft about 1 minute. Add flour and whisk together for about 30 seconds to cook the flour a bit. Add milk and whisk until all clumps are out.
- Add cream cheese and simmer until sauce thickens about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add shredded cheese and cooked bacon and whisk until combined. Add cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl with melted butter add Panko crumbs and mix.
Pour mac n cheese into a baking dish, or leave in cast iron skillet and top with Panko crumbs.
Bake for 15 minutes