Bacon Jalapeño Mac n Cheese has the perfect amount of heat, with smoky bacon and the perfect cheesy sauce.
This Bacon Jalapeño Mac n Cheese is a nice twist on the typical recipe and is over the top delicious. Cheesy goodness, smoky bacon, and jalapenos are three great flavors that are fantastic together. This is a recipe that is requested a lot in my family.
How to make Bacon Jalapeño Mac n Cheese
- In a small bowl with melted butter add Panko crumbs and mix, set aside
- In a skillet (I use cast iron) cook bacon until crispy and drain on a paper towel
- In the same skillet remove all but 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat. add in diced jalapenos and cook until soft about 1 minute
- Add in flour and whisk for about 1 minute to cook the flour a bit
- Add in half n half and whisk until combined, and simmer until thickened
- Remove sauce from heat and add shredded cheese and bacon and mix until combined
- Fold in shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add al dente pasta to the sauce and mix. Place in a baking dish or keep in skillet.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
It's easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes. You can use any pasta you have on hand and any cheese you prefer really, and perfect just as is.
The Panko crumbs on top add just a little crunchy texture. Mmmm It was such a huge hit in my house the first time I made it, that I had to make it twice in the same week. Whether it's a side dish or a main dish, this is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Comfort food at its best!
Look at that cheesy pasta! What's not to love?
Looking for more of my delicious recipes?
- Easy Oven BBQ Baked Ribs
- Brined Herb Chicken Breasts
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Bacon Jalapeño Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1/2 lb bacon I used Cherry wood smoked bacon
- 1-2 jalapenos diced
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups half n half
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 teaspoon Salt according to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Cook pasta 2 minutes under al dente. (It will cook more in the oven) strain and set aside.
- In a small bowl with melted butter add Panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and butter mix and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop raw bacon up into bite-size pieces. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and cook bacon until crispy and let drain on paper towels.
- In the same cast-iron skillet, drain all but 3 tablespoons of bacon fat. Add butter, diced jalapeno, and cook just until soft about 1 minute. Add flour and whisk together for about 30 seconds to cook the flour a bit. Reduce heat and add half n half and whisk until all clumps are out.
- Turn off heat and add shredded cheese and cooked bacon and whisk until combined. Add cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mac n cheese into a baking dish, or leave in cast iron skillet fold in mozzarella cheese and top with Panko crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes