This is definitely a recipe you need to have on hand, super quick and easy to throw together.
Who doesn’t love Chicken Fried Rice? Its a popular item on the menu at Chinese Food Restaurants. But its pretty easy to make at home, and much healthier. After trying this you’ll never go back to takeout again.
You can use fresh or frozen veggies and even left over chicken. It goes great as a side dish to other Chinese dishes or as a stand alone meal, you might also want to check out my Mongolian Beef it is definitely another family favorite. The ingredients are pretty common to have on hand, and it’s a quick and easy meal to put together. If I don’t have any left over rice, I just make some up in my rice cooker and then chill it for a bit so it gets a little hard.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 3 eggs whisked
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 5 chicken tenders cooked and diced
- ⅛ cup soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet and add egg and cook until scrambled. Set aside
- Add olive oil to the skillet and add chopped chicken, salt and pepper, cook until done and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon butter to skillet then add carrots, onions, peas and garlic. Saute until onions and carrots are soft about 5 minutes. Increase the heat to med high and add the cold rice. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil and stir until combined. Fry for 3-5 minutes add egg, chicken and green onions.
- *When I don't have leftover rice I will just make it in the morning and refrigerate it, it turns out fine.