Chicken fried rice is hearty and flavorful and a perfect weeknight dinner!
Who doesn't love Chicken Fried Rice? It's a popular item on the menu at Chinese Food Restaurants. But it's pretty easy to make at home, and much healthier. After trying this you'll never go back to takeout again.
You can use fresh or frozen veggies and even leftover chicken. The ingredients are pretty common, and it's a quick and easy meal to put together. If I don't have any leftover rice, I just make some up in my rice cooker and then chill it for a bit so it gets a little hard.
How to make chicken fried rice!
- Heat butter in a skillet add eggs and cook until scrambled. Set aside
- Add the remaining butter and add carrots and onions and cook just until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chicken, sauces, and scrambled egg and mix until combined.
Want more take-out recipes?
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs whisked
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 5 chicken tenders cooked and diced
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet add egg and cook until scrambled. Set aside
- Add an additional tablespoon of butter to the skillet add carrots, onions, peas, and garlic. Saute until onions and carrots are soft about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to med-high and add the cold rice. Add cooked chicken, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and stir until combined. Fry for 3-5 minutes add scrambled eggs back in and toss..
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve hot!