Garlic Mushroom chicken thighs are a quick and easy weeknight meal. Tender chicken smothered in garlic butter mushrooms.
Chicken and mushrooms go so well together, especially with garlic and butter. This is a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love like my Cast Iron Chicken Thighs.
The simple spice mixture and those garlicky buttery mushrooms are what really make these chicken thighs so amazing. Serve it over pasta, rice, or with a starchy vegetable.
Tips for making Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- Buying boneless chicken thighs can be a bit pricier, its really easy to debone your chicken thighs.
- I love using chicken thighs like my Honey Butter Chicken but you could use chicken breasts, but they will dry out much faster, so watch the cooking time.
- I use a 12 inch cast iron skillet but any large skillet will work.
- This recipe reheats well and it delicious as dinner leftovers or a quick lunch.
What do I serve with garlic mushroom chicken thighs?
- Roasted Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Broccoli
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- No-Knead Artisan Bread
Can I freeze garlic mushroom chicken thighs?
To freeze cooked chicken thighs place them in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat.
Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs about 6 large thighs
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms I use cremini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- In a small bowl combine the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Place the chicken in a hot skillet (I use cast iron) and sear for about 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook another 7-8 minutes or until chicken is 165 degrees and juices run clear. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the butter to the skillet and mushrooms. season with salt and pepper and saute for about 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant for about another minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.