You will love how juicy and flavorful this Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken is, I promise!
This chicken recipe is so easy like my Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe. It is super moist and flavorful and takes very little effort. This recipe could not be any easier, with a few minutes of prep and in a couple of hours, you'll have a delicious chicken. Perfect to serve as is or use in other recipes like my Ultimate Chicken Casserole.
Making aluminum foil balls helps keep the chicken lifted so it doesn't sit in the juices while cooking. Giving it more of a rotisserie flavor.
I kid you not, once you try this you will never buy another chicken from the deli again. I never use my oven anymore to make a whole chicken. I prefer to just set it and forget it. You'll feel so proud when your family wants seconds.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Burritos
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
This chicken is perfect for a busy week. It will save you time and money and you can shred it for salads, sandwiches, and casseroles just to name a few. This recipe is perfect for my Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap. or my Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies.
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken
- 5 lb chicken
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 whole head of garlic minced about 8-9 cloves
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Remove the inner parts from the chicken and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Make 4 large aluminum foil balls and place them into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix softened butter, garlic, zest, and juice of 1 lemon, salt, and pepper until combined.
- With a spoon lift the skin up from the breast and place about 1 tablespoon of garlic butter under the skin on both sides of the breast. Rub the remaining garlic butter all over the outside of the chicken skin.
- Place chicken on the foil balls, and place sliced lemon along the sides of the chicken.
- Cook for 4- 4 1/2 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- If your slow cooker has a removable crockery insert (check to make sure it is oven safe first) place it in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes to get the skin crispy. You can also flip the chicken and broil it another 4-5 minutes to crisp up the other side. If your slow cooker isn't oven-safe just place your chicken on a sheet pan and then broil for 4-5 minutes in the oven.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and carve, drizzle juices over cut-up chicken.