You will love how juicy and flavorful this Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken is, I promise!
Guys, this Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken is so easy. It is super moist and flavorful, and takes very little effort. This recipe could not be any easier, a few minutes of prep and in a couple hours you’ll have a delicious chicken.
Making aluminum foil balls helps keep the chicken lifted so it doesn’t sit in the juices while cooking. Giving it more of a rotisserie flavor.
I kid you not, once you try this you will never buy another chicken from the deli again. I never use my oven anymore to make a whole chicken. I prefer to just set it and forget it. You’ll feel so proud when your family wants seconds.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Burritoes
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
This chicken is perfect for a busy week. It will save you time and money and you can shred it for salads, sandwiches, casseroles just to name a few. This recipe is perfect for my Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap. or my Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies.
- 5 lb chicken
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 whole head of garlic minced (about 8-9 cloves)
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Remove inner parts from chicken and pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Make 4 foil balls and place into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix softened butter, garlic, salt and pepper until combined.
- With a spoon lift the skin up from the breast and place about 1 tablespoon of garlic butter under the skin on both sides of the breast. Rub the remaining garlic butter all over the outside of the chicken skin.
- Place chicken breast side down onto the foil balls, place sliced lemon along the sides of the chicken.
- Cook for 4- 4½ hours on high or 6-8 hours on low or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- If your slow cooker has a removable crockery insert (check to make sure it is oven safe first) place it in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes to get the skin crispy. You can also flip the chicken and broil another 4-5 minutes to crisp up the other side. If your slow cooker isn't oven safe just place your chicken on a sheet pan and then broil 4-5 minutes in the oven.
- Let rest 10 minutes and carve, drizzle juices over cut up chicken.