You will love how juicy and flavorful this Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken is, I promise!
Guys, this Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken is so easy. It is super moist and flavorful, and takes very little effort. This recipe could not be any easier, a few minutes of prep and in a couple hours you’ll have a delicious chicken.
Making aluminum foil balls helps keep the chicken lifted so it doesn’t sit in the juices while cooking. Giving it more of a rotisserie flavor.
I kid you not, once you try this you will never buy another chicken from the deli again. I never use my oven anymore to make a whole chicken. I prefer to just set it and forget it. You’ll feel so proud when your family wants seconds.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Burritoes
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
This chicken is perfect for a busy week. It will save you time and money and you can shred it for salads, sandwiches, casseroles just to name a few. This recipe is perfect for my Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap. or my Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies.
- 5 lb chicken
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 whole head of garlic minced (about 8-9 cloves)
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Remove inner parts from chicken and pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Make 4 foil balls and place into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix softened butter, garlic, salt and pepper until combined.
- With a spoon lift the skin up from the breast and place about 1 tablespoon of garlic butter under the skin on both sides of the breast. Rub the remaining garlic butter all over the outside of the chicken skin.
- Place chicken breast side down onto the foil balls, place sliced lemon along the sides of the chicken.
- Cook for 4- 4 1/2 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- If your slow cooker has a removable crockery insert (check to make sure it is oven safe first) place it in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes to get the skin crispy. You can also flip the chicken and broil another 4-5 minutes to crisp up the other side. If your slow cooker isn't oven safe just place your chicken on a sheet pan and then broil 4-5 minutes in the oven.
- Let rest 10 minutes and carve, drizzle juices over cut up chicken.
Amount Per Serving Calories 979Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 35gCholesterol 396mgSodium 1096mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 91g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.