These Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs will be your new favorite comfort food without all the guilt!
These Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs are a super simple recipe with just a few ingredients from your pantry. These babies are usually on a weekly rotation in our home.
These chicken thighs take about 30 minutes from start to finish and only four ingredients! This will definitely be a meal you will crave over and over.
Tips for Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs
- Getting the skillet as hot as you can ensures that the skin will get super crispy.
- Then you must pat the skin dry before seasoning it.
- You need to place the chicken skin side down in a hot skillet.
- The use of the coconut oil gives it such an amazing flavor. But you can substitute for canola oil.
What should I serve with chicken thighs?
- Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- Southern Potato Salad
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Deviled Egg macaroni Salad
They’re just so quick and easy, and go with just about any side dish. Perfect for a Sunday entertaining, yet quick enough for a weeknight dinner.
- 5-6 skin on chicken thighs
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, paprika and granulated garlic.
- With paper towels pat the chicken dry, sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken thighs.
- Heat a large cast iron or oven safe skillet to medium high heat, add coconut oil, let melt.
- Once the oil is hot, place chicken thighs skin side down in the hot skillet and cook, until skin is crispy about 8-10 minutes, flip chicken thighs and place skillet in the oven and cook another 15-18 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving.
You can substitute canola oil for the coconut oil if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 173Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5.5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 83mgSodium 466mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 15g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.