These Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs will be your new favorite comfort food without all the guilt!
These Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs are a super simple recipe with just a few ingredients from your pantry. These babies are usually on a weekly rotation in our home. They’re just so quick and easy, and go with just about any side dish. Perfect for a Sunday dinner, yet quick enough for a weeknight dinner.
Chicken thighs are our favorite part of the chicken, pretty hard to dry out. And boy do I love the skin on these thighs. Like seriously it is so good! The use of the coconut oil gives it such an amazing flavor.
If you love chicken thighs as much as we do you might want to check out my Peach-Chipotle Baked Chicken with Coconut Rice they are truly droolworthy!
These chicken thighs take about 30 minutes from start to finish. The hardest part is cleaning the cast iron skillet. This will definitely be a meal you will crave over and over.
A couple things to ensure crispy skin…First you must pat the skin dry before seasoning it. Then you need to place the chicken skin side down in a hot skillet.
- 5-6 skin on chicken thighs
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- With paper towels pat the chicken dry. Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat, add coconut oil, let melt.
- Once the oil is hot, place chicken thighs skin side down in the hot skillet and cook, until skin is crispy about 8-10 minutes, flip chicken thighs and place skillet in the oven and cook another 15-18 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving