This BBQ Chicken Flatbread is a recipe the whole family will love!
Pizza night doesn't get any easier than using pre-made flatbread. Whether it's the star of the meal or an amazing appetizer. Loaded with tender chicken, fresh pineapple, onions, and cheese! Everyone is sure to love this Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Flatbread.
This is such a huge hit with my family, the flavors combine nicely for a flavor-packed meal! It's perfect for a weeknight meal, or for your next get-together.
I like to use the Stonefire Naan Flatbread, there are two per package. But if you use a smaller flatbread, you may want to cut back on the bbq sauce.
Use whatever your current favorite sauce is. We are addicted to Kinders Sweet Sriracha BBQ sauce in our house, but they have a few different flavors to choose from.
You can grill your own chicken for this bbq chicken flatbread, or use some leftover chicken. I love any way I can turn leftovers into a brand new meal!
Check out my other easy flatbread recipes!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Flatbread
- 8 chicken tenders or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 flatbreads I use Stonefire
- 4 cups cheese
- 1 cup barbecue sauce plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sliced red onions
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- In a small bowl add sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt and mix until combined.
- Heat grill on high heat. Sprinkle rub on both sides of chicken. Grill tenders 4-5 minutes on each side or until done. Let rest 10 minutes and cut into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spread 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce on each flatbread. Add 1 cup cheese to each flatbread. Add chicken, onions and pineapple.
- Grill or bake for 10-12 minutes or until flatbread is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro. Cut into wedges, and drizzle more barbecue sauce if desired.