This Garlic Roasted Tomato and Spinach Flatbread is crispy, smothered in cheese with sweet roasted cherry tomatoes and spinach…Yum
Can I just say this flatbread is my current favorite thing to eat, I could eat it everyday! It’s so quick and easy to throw together, great for an appetizer or a light meal paired with a crisp salad. If you’ve never made a flatbread pizza before you are going to be amazed at how delicious it is.
Roasting the cherry tomatoes makes them so sweet and roasted with garlic and herbs just puts them over the top. You can find that recipe here Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes I used the Stonefire Garlic Naan Flatbread it is so delicious!
Roasted tomatoes are just packed with flavor, and they can be frozen and used in many other recipes.
When I first made this recipe it was so popular in my house, it was requested two more times that week. Check out these quick and easy pizza recipes
- Garlic Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for storage)
- For the Spinach
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 Flatbreads (I use packaged Naan)
- 3-4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- fresh basil for garnish
- Garlic roasted tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix gently
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tomatoes are soft and smell delicious
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- In a skillet on medium heat add olive oil, garlic and spinach, saute for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Turn heat off and set aside.
- Spread cheese out on flatbreads, add the tomatoes and wilted spinach
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are browned and slightly crisp.
- Add basil to garnish