Asian chicken salad is loaded with crunchy vegetables, tender chicken and topped with crunchy peanuts and wontons.
Salads don't have to be the same old boring thing every time. This salad is colorful, crispy and healthy. The spicy peanut dressing is so good you'll want to seriously lick the bowl.
It's quick and easy meal to whip up for a busy weeknight dinner. Or meal prep for work lunches.
Looking for more quick and easy recipes?
- Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp and Broccoli
- Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- Beef Stir Fry
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Honey Garlic Butter Chicken
- Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
Tips for making Asian chicken salad
- You can use store bought teriyaki sauce or use my homemade recipe.
- This salad can all be prepped ahead of time and assembled right before serving.
- Let the dressing come to room temp before mixing.
- These Garlic ginger wonton strips and the peanuts add so much crunch to the salad, do not leave these out.
- They usually carry wontons in the produce section, they do have plain wontons but the garlic ginger adds to the Asian flavor.
- I use peanuts but you could also use sliced almonds.
- The chili pepper flakes is optional for the dressing but it does add just the right amount of heat.
Items I used to make this recipe:
- Meal Prep Containers
- Salad Dressing Containers
- Garlic Press
- Salad Bowl
- Chef knife
- Lemon Squeezer
- Indoor Smokeless Grill
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 hearts of romaine shredded
- 1/2 bag shredded carrots
- 1/2 red cabbage shredded
- 5 green onions
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- garlic ginger wontons
Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced or grated
- 5 tablespoons water
- In a bowl pour teriyaki sauce over chicken and marinate 3-4 hours
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat a grill on medium high heat, grill chicken 4-5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, except the peanuts and wontons.
- Serve, drizzle dressing and top with peanuts and wontons.
Let dressing come to room temp and stir. You can also warm in microwave 15 seconds and stir.
For salad prep keep dressing and wontons separate until ready to serve.