This skillet burger comes out tender, juicy and full of flavor every time.
A delicious burger with a crunchy crust, melted cheese, and caramelized onions is hard to resist. And let's not forget about the creamy chipotle mayo that will simply rock your world!
This is super easy just mix the mayo and chipotle in adobo (I put the rest of the container in a Ziplock freezer bag and freeze for more uses) in a small bowl add salt and pepper to taste and woolah! This mayo is fantastic on sandwiches, burgers, and even hot dogs. Keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Tips for making caramelized onions.
This is a quick version of caramelized onions. It can take up to 45 min to an hour to make them. If you have the time by all means do it. But this way turns out great too. They add the best flavor to the burgers.
- Always use 20% fat ground beef. Fat means flavor and always makes an amazing burger.
- Don't be too rough while shaping the patties. Gentle hands mean a more tender burger.
- Season with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder that's all you will need for the seasoning.
- Cook burgers in a super hot skillet I use a cast iron.
What to serve with these burgers
- Mexican Ham Pasta Salad
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Microwave Corn on the Cob
- Parmesan Baked Potato Wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 20% fat)
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder
- 8 slices cheese
- 4 Buns
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the Chipotle Mayo
- In a small bowl add the mayo, chipotle, and adobo sauce. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide the meat 4 patties and place on a plate, using two-finger gently press the center down slightly. This ensures that the burgers don't shrink too much. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat a skillet/griddle I (I use cast iron) on medium-high heat add butter and sliced onions. Cook about 5 minutes tossing the onions every minute or so. Then reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle some salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes, tossing every couple minutes so they don't burn. Remove to a bowl.
- Return the skillet/griddle on high heat. Add olive oil and place patties in skillet. Cook without moving for 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 minutes and add cheese, cover and cook another 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve on soft buns with chipotle mayo. Top with lettuce, tomato, and caramelized onions.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1295Total Fat 101gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 60gCholesterol 245mgSodium 1312mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 65g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.