This skillet burger comes out tender, juicy and full of flavor every time.
A delicious burger with crunchy crust, melted cheese, and caramelized onions is hard to resist. And lets not forget about the creamy chipotle mayo that will simply rock your world!
This is super easy just mix the mayo and chipotle in adobo (I put the rest of the container in a Ziplock freezer bag and freeze for more uses) in a small bowl add salt and pepper to taste and woolah! This mayo is fantastic on sandwiches, burgers and even hot dogs. Keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Tips for making caramelized onions.
This is a quick version of caramelized onions. It can take up to 45 min to an hour to make them. If you have the time by all means do it. But this way turns out great to. They add the best flavor to the burgers.
Some tips on making a skillet burger
- Always use 20% fat ground beef. Fat means flavor and always makes an amazing burger.
- Don’t be to rough while shaping the patties. Gentle hands mean a more tender burger.
- Season with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder that’s all you will need for the seasoning.
- Cook burgers in a super hot skillet I use a cast iron.
Looking for more easy weeknight dinners?
- Beef Stroganoff
- Pan Seared Garlic Rib Eye Steak
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Crispy Chicken Cutlets
- Sweet Chili Shrimp Stir Fry
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 20% fat)
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder
- 8 slices cheese
- 4 Buns
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sace
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the Chipotle Mayo
- In a small bowl add the mayo, chipotle and adobo sauce. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide the meat 4 patties and place on plate, using two finger gently press the center down slightly. This ensures that the burgers don't shrink to much. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat a skillet/griddle I(I use cast iron) on medium high heat add butter and sliced onions. Cook about 5 minutes tossing the onions every minute or so. Then reduce heat to medium low and sprinkle some salt and pepper and cook about 15 minutes, tossing every couple minutes so they dont burn. Remove to a bowl.
- Return the skillet/griddle on high heat. Add olive oil and place patties in skillet. Cook without moving for 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 minutes and add cheese, cover and cook another 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve on soft buns with chipotle mayo. Top with lettuce, tomato and caramelized onions