Honey butter garlic chicken is easy and loaded with tender bites of chicken in a delicious sauce!
Cooked in a skillet and using just a few simple ingredients this dish comes together in under 30 minutes. Juicy, tender chicken that will have everyone begging for more.
Always a favorite loved time and time again. Perfectly balanced with flavors that the whole family will love. The chicken pieces are smothered in a sticky, sweet, and savory sauce that is absolutely delicious!
Tips for making honey butter garlic chicken
- I use chicken thighs, but if you love chicken breasts those will work too.
- Cut into pieces so it cooks faster and you get more delicious sauce in more areas.
- A cast-iron skillet works great for this. It gets super hot and adds fantastic caramelization to the chicken.
- I love this chicken over jasmine rice or even mashed potatoes.
Weeknight dinner doesn't get much easier than this. My family said this was a keeper, and they're my worst critics at times. I was a happy mom knowing I have another no-fuss meal everybody loves. My family also enjoys my Oven Baked BBQ Ribs all year long!
Check out these easy chicken recipes
- Crispy Chicken Cutlets
- Brined Herb Chicken Breasts
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken with Asparagus
- Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies
- 1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3-4 tablespoons Honey
- 1- 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Fresh chopped parsley or green onions for garnish
- Cut chicken thighs into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet (cast iron works best) on high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook until it starts to change from pink to white and get some golden edges about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, garlic, vinegar and honey. Stir until chicken is coated.
- Simmer sauce and chicken to caramelize the outside about another 2-3 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley or green onions. Serve chicken over rice or mashed potatoes.
If you use chicken breasts instead of thighs just make sure you adjust the cooking time as chicken breasts will dry out if cooked to long.
To get the best color you need to have a super hot pan.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Saturated Fat 8gCholesterol 184mgSodium 809mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 33g