These Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops are such a delicious blend of flavors, and is sure to be a new family favorite!
These Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops are full of flavor and oh so juicy. They come together super fast, which makes it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Sure to be a huge hit with your family.
I have never been a huge fan or pork chops in the past. Honestly I just think I have always over cooked my pork chops which left then dry and blah! Making sure you cook them to 140 degrees ensures that they are tender and juicy.
Searing the pork chops in a hot skillet first, not only gives it that fantastic caramelization, but adds to the savory flavor.
With just a few pantry ingredients dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes. This is sure to be a new family favorite. Looking for more delicious pork recipes? Check out my Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon Sauce.
- 2 Bone in thick pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley chopped
- For the asparagus
- ½ lb asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan on medium high heat. Sear the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove to a sheet pan
- Rinse asparagus and cut off about 1 inch on the ends, place on sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and add pinch of salt and pepper
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature of pork chops reaches 140F
- In same skillet on low heat add butter, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper, and whisk until combined and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove pork chops and let rest 5 minutes. Dredge the chops through the thick sauce in the pan just before serving, garnish with fresh parsley