Bacon Ranch pasta salad is creamy loaded with bacon, cheese, tomatoes and peas, perfect summer side dish.
This salad will definitely be your new go to side dish for pot lucks or barbecues this summer. Fresh and flavorful and always a crowd pleaser.
Creamy ranch dressing coats every bite of pasta and topped with crunchy crouton crumbles. You’ll go nuts for this salad.
Tips for making bacon ranch pasta salad:
- Chop the bacon up before cooking.
- Cook pasta al dente
- If making a day ahead of time, mix in a couple tablespoons mayonnaise just before serving.
- Put the croutons in a baggie and use a rolling pin to gently smash up into crumbles.
- Add croutons just before serving.
- I like using Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix but you can make your own ranch if you like.
If you’d like to make this a main dish just throw in some leftover grilled chicken, and you’ll have a quick and easy summer meal.
More delicious summer side dishes:
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Marinated Four Bean Salad
- Creamy Chipotle Lime Coleslaw
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Beans
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces small pasta shells
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions sliced
- crumbled croutons for the top optional
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced chives
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch and chives until combined.
- Mix in the pasta, bacon, tomatoes, peas and cheese.
- Cover and chill. Sprinkle crouton crumbles and sliced green onions just before serving.