Bacon Ranch pasta salad is creamy loaded with bacon, cheese, tomatoes and peas, perfect summer side dish.
This salad will definitely be your new go-to side dish for pot lucks or barbecues this summer. Fresh and flavorful and always a crowd-pleaser.
Creamy ranch dressing coats every bite of pasta and is topped with crunchy crouton crumbles. You'll go nuts for this salad.
Tips for making bacon ranch pasta salad:
- Chop the bacon up before cooking.
- Cook pasta al dente
- If making a day ahead of time, mix in a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise just before serving.
- Put the croutons in a baggie and use a rolling pin to gently smash them up into crumbles.
- Add croutons just before serving.
- I like using Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix but you can make your own ranch if you like.
If you'd like to make this a main dish just throw in some leftover grilled chicken, and you'll have a quick and easy summer meal.
More delicious summer side dishes:
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Marinated Four Bean Salad
- Creamy Chipotle Lime Coleslaw
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Beans
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces small pasta shells about 2 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 -1 ounce package ranch seasoning
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded or cubed
- 2 green onions sliced
- Crumbled croutons for the top optional
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch, and chives until combined.
- Mix in the pasta, bacon, tomatoes, peas, and cheese.
- Cover and chill. Sprinkle crouton crumbles and sliced green onions just before serving.